Do you want a stylish piece of “hammock furniture” that you can use inside? This indoor hammock bed (with stand) has sophisticated style for a bedroom, living room or family room. Plus, you can use it outdoors too.
Is This a Good Hammock for a Bedroom?
1. Upgraded Look: The curved wood stand and double-wide hammock bed give this an upscale look compared to standard hammocks. In other words, it looks more like a piece of indoor furniture rather than camping gear.
2. The Size Fits: Although the wood frame looks large, it’s actually much smaller than other arched wood hammock stands that measures 14-15 feet long. Therefore, it fits better indoors, especially in a bedroom.
The hammock stand measures 8 1/2 feet long, which fits standard-sized adult hammocks. So, you can switch out your hammock if you ever want a change in style or fabric color.
Note:I love sleeping in my hammock, and I have no problem falling asleep – but this style of living is not for everyone. If you’re not sure about sleeping in swing, check out this page for the pros and cons of sleeping in a hammock.
3. Hammocks are Cozy and Relaxing. Add a bunch of fluffy cushions, pillows and blankets, and you’ve got a cozy spot for reading or watching movies too. I even have a night table set up right next to my hammock – just like I would with a traditional bed.
4. Fabric is Supportive & Durable Enough for Daily Use. Also, the bed fabric is 100& cotton (breathable) with tight weave (as opposed to open-gap netting). Therefore, you won’t wake up with criss cross marks all over your face. Not to mention, the material is very strong and easy to wash.
Can You Buy a Hammock Stand Separately?
By the way, you can purchase a wood hammock stand without a hammock. However, it is slightly larger at 9’4″ long, and it costs virtually the same as the Vivere model above.
Therefore, you may be better off getting the the Vivere hammock/stand package and keeping the “free” hammock. That is, unless you prefer a slightly longer distance between hanging points, (ie. if you’re a tall person).
Are Hammocks Better than Beds?
Of course, this depends on who you ask and what you find more comfortable. Many people like the natural swinging movement, but hammocks don’t allow you to spread out as much as you would on a mattress.
Furthermore, this out-of-the-box sleeping style is cheap. For example, you don’t need expensive mattresses, extra bedding or lots of space. You can even sleep in a sleeping bag (fits perfectly in a hammock) and forgo having to make your bed in the morning.
Are you looking to switch to an indoor hammock instead of a bed? Hammocks do offer advantages when it comes to sleeping with your head elevated.
Note: Keep in mind that you can use this hammock and stand outdoors too. Some people who have their hammocks outside year-round add a coat of sealer to the wood stand. Also, minimize sun exposure to the fabric to extend its life.
Specs for the Indoor Hammock Bed with Stand:
- Dimensions: 102″ Long x 47″ Wide x 41″ Tall
- Double Hammock
- Weight: 47.2 lbs
- Weight Capacity: 450 lbs
- Bed Material: 100% Cotton
- Polyester Rope
- 6 Color Options, Stripes or Plain
- Frame: Pine Wood
- Adjustable Hammock Hooks
- Rating: 4.6/5
- Assembly Required
- Manufacturer: Vivere
- For Sale: Where to Buy the Hammock with Stand